Thursday, December 4, 2008

Talkative Thursday #2 - 'Tis the Season

Okay, so Christmas is my favorite time of the year! I could start listening to Christmas music in October, I think, but I always get vetoed by my husband - he's such a party pooper! However, there is one thing I HATE about the holidays - the HORRIBLE traffic!! People drive so sloooooowly and don't pay attention and it just gets on my nerves. Way to be in the Christmas spirit, huh?

This weekend we are taking Ava to see Santa Claus! We're also going to take pictures in her Christmas dress so that we can get our Christmas card out pretty soon. Time has snuck up on me and it seems like I'm running out of time, but I'll get it all done. I'm so thankful the weekend is almost here. We have a chance for snow next week - it'll be interesting to see how many times that changes. Zach always hopes for it to snow badly enough that he gets a snow day - and if Zach has a snow day, so does Ava.



I've seen this survey on a few different blogs and thought I'd play along:



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I like a good assortment of both. If it's a package that can be easily wrapped, I generally do that - otherwise it goes into a bag

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I always loved our real tree growing up but for my house I have an artifical one - and it's pre-lit, and it's got a remote control for the lights!

3. When do you put up the tree?
generally the weekend after Thanksgiving, although I did do it the weekend before this year since Thanksgiving was late and we were out of town for Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down?
usually whenever I get sick of the "Christmas clutter" - I ususally won't leave it up past New Year's Day


5. Do you like eggnog?
no

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Probably the telephone I got for my room in the 5th grade

7. Hardest person to buy for?

everyone - I never know what to buy

8. Easiest person to buy for?
this year, Ava! She doesn't know what she wants so I get to pick it.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have a small one but I'd love a nice one like my mom and grandma have

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail - I LOVE getting Christmas cards (and other snail mail!)

11. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT U EVER RECIEVED?
Haha - it seemed like the worst at the time but it actually turned out to be a good and practical gift - the first Christmas after Zach and I got married, my parents gave us tools and I opened up that package and saw a drill and I about cried

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
ELF!!!! This movie cracks me up.. "I'm singing, I'm in a store and I'm siiiiiiiinging!"

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
this year I started at the beginning of November and I have to say I really am glad I did b/c I was almost finished by Thanksgiving - I have just a couple of more things to get

14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Green bean casserole, peas and cheese and my grandma's coconut pie

16. Lights on the tree?
I prefer white, although mine came with both white and colored, so I usually turn them both on b/c there don't seem to be enough on with just one of the sets on

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night and The First Noel

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
we do both - my family is here and Zach's is in Oklahoma so we hit up both sides

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
no, I cannot

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
when I was younger we had to open them on Christmas Eve so that Santa had room to leave presents under the tree - now it seems like we open gifts for days since we have so many celebrations

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
I think I already hit on that in my rant above

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like collecting ornaments from places I go on vacation, or getting them from others who go places. I also like ones with sentimental value

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
it's cheesy, but I really have all that I want - except it would be nice to quit my job and stay at home with my baby, but that's not going to happen

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We are planning to take Caroline for her first Santa visit, too! We are going to Springdale to see my parents Saturday, so we'll probably see him at the NWA Mall. I've seen his pic on other blogs, and he looks like a "good" Santa, not a creepy one. Have you checked out the Central Mall Santa yet? Oh, and just a thought...Do y'all usually go to Midnight Mass? We do, and now I'm not sure if we should try to take Caroline, or just chuck our tradition and go to the 4:00. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved