Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Recipe Testing via Pinterest

One of everyone’s favorite things to do on Pinterest is drool over all the yummy looking food! Since the beginning of the year we have really attempted to cut down our eating out, thus looking for new and yummy recipes. I thought I’d do a post of some of the recipes we have tried and whether they were hit or misses!
 
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps via Mel’s Kitchen CafeCrispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
 
The flavor of these and the ingredients were very good! However, it was much easier to just make them as quesadillas instead of wraps.
 
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos via gimme some ovenshredded-beef-tacosLOVED these! Such good flavor and such an easy, light meal! And cooking in the crock pot – yes please!!!
 
 
 Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin via Momma Hen’s KitchenIMG_3990 This was a hit too.. would have been even better if I hadn’t grabbed the hot pan handle with no oven mitt. OUCH! But the pork was great – serve up with some salad and steamed veggies – great meal!
 
 
Dried Strawberries via The Worldwide Gourmetdried strawberries Oh, I had high hopes for these. And they turned out in a big, fat fail! I have no idea if I did something wrong but they never got dry. So disappointing.
 
Baked Club Pinwheels via Plain Chickenbaked clubs We LOVE these! These are a regular on our dinner rotation now. We only use ham and turkey, or just one of them and they are still so good. And talk about easy. Prep done in about 3 minutes and dinner done in 20.
 
Baked Fried Chicken via Our Life Uncommonbaked fried chicken This didn’t turn out so well. It never got crispy like the picture. I think part of the problem was that I was trying to cut the calories so I omitted using the 1/2 stick of butter and instead put them on a cookie sheet to bake. I think they would have been good if I’d followed the recipe so we may try again.
 
Seasoned Roasted Potatoes via Iowa Girl Eatsbaked potato Oh this is so good! And so easy! I’ll eat one of these for lunch with some steamed brocooli. It takes a baked potato up a notch without the cheese, sour cream, etc.
 
Skinny Skillet Lasagna via The Realistic NutritionistSkinny Skillet Lasagna All of us liked this a LOT! However, I made a few changes. We just used one can of the diced tomatoes. Also, my family isn’t big fan of the chunky tomatoes so I put it in the food processor and pureed it to a sauce. The only negative was that the noodles didn’t really hold the sauce well so there was a big pile of sauce left. The next we make this, we plan to use some smaller noodles that will help with that problem.
 
Queso Blanco via Pennies on a Plattercheese dip Can you say yum? This is GOOD. One of our favorite meals is homemade mexican – fajitas, spanish rice and this. I’ve tweaked it a bit – I use more of the jalapenos and omit the diced chiles. I also add a little cayenne pepper for some heat as well as a dash of garlic salt. Zach told me the last time that this is better than what you get at a mexican restaurant!
 
 
And just a few desserts!!
 
 
Caramel Brownies via Annie’s Eatscaramel brownies Oh.my.word. Were these ever good! I made them last football season and they were a hit! I even used a brownie mix and they were to die for! RUN and Make them. But make sure you have somewhere to take them!
 
Carmelitas via Lulu the BakercarmelitasThis was another recipe that disappointed me. I made these for a ffundraise at Ava’s school. For me, they fell a little flat. The picture looked better than they tasted.
 
 
What recipes have you tried and loved?? Or which ones should I avoid????

5 comments:

  1. Several of those were recipes I had pinned and never tried! Thanks for the tips!

    One of the BEST recipes I found on pinterest was for twice baked cauliflower. As we are dieting, this recipe has been a LIFESAVER. My husband loves them as much as potatoes and they hit the spot for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post!! and now I am going to go stalk your pinterest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I had to come over from Megan's blog to see what you had posted! I've tried so many recipes and things from pinterest... need to post! I'm flagging your post to try some of these! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, freaking starving now after reading all this! Cannot WAIT to try them!!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved