Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Proof is in the Pin Linkup

I am linking up with Life Sweet Life to show you two successful pins from Pinterest!

The first you’ve seen a glimpse of – the backdrop I made for Reed’s birthday party.

IMG_0924

I found the original pin on this website. It was seriously easy. Just get colored table cloths, thread them on a string, and hang it up! It’s possible to make this as wide or as skinny as you’d like. We had enough to really spread it out, but our space was small and this is how it ended up. I thought it added a really nice touch! With so many color combos, you could do this for so many things! 

IMG_0938

The second thing I pinned wasn’t really a how to, but more of an information pin. I pinned 20 iOS tips, tricks, and secrets, and I found something on here ALL parents will love!!!! Seriously, I’ve been wanting this since I started using an iphone and then again with my ipad. There is now a way to LOCK the device to prevent your child from exiting the app they are in!!!! And it’s SO easy!

This can be done through what is called Guided Access. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Guided Access. Then you will be at this screen. Swipe this to on. Then you will need to set a passcode.

IMG_6359

Once you have opened an app, click your home button 3 times in a row. Once you have done so, you will see this.  

IMG_6361

Like it says, draw a circle (or really a rectangle) around the part of the screen you want to show. Hit start and it will ask you for your passcode two times. At this point, it will lock it. When you are ready to unlock, just hit the home button three times again and enter your passcode when prompted. If you put a passcode in wrong, or can’t get out of it, you can shut your phone done by holding the power button and home button down at the same time until it switches off. I love this feature and only wish it’d been around years ago! Hope you find it useful!!!

A while back, I also posted a review of recipes I’ve tested from pinterest. You can find that post here.

Thanks for coming to check my pins out. I hope you find them useful!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the trick with the iPad. Christopher is constantly closing out of apps and opening new ones. I don't mind it for the most part, but I'm paranoid he's going to buy something on eBay or call a random person. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these tips so much!! The table cloth thing is genius - definitely filing that away for the future!! And that tip is EXACTLY what I needed to know! Thanks for linking up - sorry it took me forever getting around to comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved