Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Quiet weekend

We didn’t have much going on this past weekend and it was kind of nice. Zach was fighting off a sinus infection or something and didn’t feel well on Saturday, so we let him rest as much as possible.

The kids woke up early, as usual, on Saturday morning. I got up and got them some breakfast and set them up with iPad so I could get my workout done. Thank goodness for technology!IMG_5992

Ava told me that she wanted to spend some “alone time” with me over the weekend. Zach normally does our grocery shopping but since he didn’t feel well, Ava and I tackled it together. She was a happy camper. IMG_5996

Neither of the kids really napped on Saturday, though Zach did. Ha! Ava worked on some puzzles and I later found a picture of one of them on my phone! :) IMG_5999

Just because I need to remember these days, here are a few over the lovely gems Reed said during church this weekend:

  • After I threatened to take him to the cry room, he said “Take me to the cry baby.”
  • He saw my uncle who was ushering and asked loudly more than once, “What’s Kenny doing?”
  • While eating his goldfish, he asked if Zach, Ava, or I wanted one and when we all said know he looked at me and said “Does Jesus want one?”
  • I finally took him out and made him stand in a corner. He turned around and said “I a good boy.” I told him that he is a good boy, but was not behaving well in church. Finally he turned to me and said “i will behave now”.

I have to remember that we won’t always have these days of struggle! :)

I realized Sunday that I was missing one ingredient for the dinner we had planned for Sunday night. So we stopped by the small grocery store close to us. Ava loves that store because of the little carts.IMG_6006

On Sunday, I also finished another batch of cake pops that someone ordered for a birthday!IMG_6004

The weather here on Sunday was cold and wet. As the day went on, it got worse and worse. We had thunder sleet as well as as A LOT of sleet. The streets were covered and it just kept coming down. By Sunday evening, Monday’s school had been cancelled. So the kids and I had fun being silly knowing that they didn’t have to get to bed quite on time.IMG_6029

I had to go to work on Monday and before I left, I noticed there weren’t many tire tracks on our street which is somewhat unusual. It kind of worried me!!! Zach went out to the garage and had planned on taking my car around the block just to see what I’d be dealing with and our garage door wouldn’t go up! It was frozen shut. Little sweet Ava came up to me and said “Mom, that’s it. Just text your boss and tell her you can’t go.” So cute. I wish I could’ve stayed home with them.

The roads were completely snow covered. I was stopped at an intersection and took this picture.IMG_6035

Zach is great about sharing photos with me during the day and sent me this one early in the morning of Reed sitting at his picnic table playing a game on the iPad.IMG_6047 

A little later, he sent me another picture and said “Look what we got!” IMG_6041

And I asked him how they got them and he replied “delivery!” So I kept asking him how they got him and he wouldn’t give me an answer. He finally admitted that the new lady that lives next door came over and rang the doorbell and told him she had donuts for us and they were from her shop! These neighbors just moved in recently and we have only seen them once or twice, and now it kind of makes sense why! Anyway, it was so sweet of them to bring them by and they were GOOD!

I told Zach to take a pic of the kids and this is what he sent me. Could they BE any more excited? Ha!IMG_6046

Then he sent me this one – much better! Reed’s face kills me!IMG_6044

I’m so grateful that when these kids have snow days that they get to spend them with their daddy. I wish I got to spend some of these days with them but I’m thankful that their daddy gives me a glimpse into their day! Now, let’s hope the wintry weather is done for the season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved