Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend shenanigans

How is it that another weekend is over? I swear, we just STARTED the weekend and now it’s over and we’re already back to work.

How was your weekend? Ours was good. Friday evening was low key. We picked up around the house and then lounged around. Reed enjoyed some time with his daddy. After I read him three books, I sent him over to Zach for another one. ;)

IMG_6109 

Saturday we had visitors!!!! Stephen, Leslie, and Caroline came to see us! We were excited to have them here for a few hours! We were excited to see sweet little Caroline! IMG_6114

The girls minus Caroline got out for a little retail therapy. I think Ava had fun. IMG_6116IMG_6118

Aunt Leslie told Ava to pick something out at the store and she chose this. You’ve never seen a more excited kid. Thank GOODNESS there were two ice cream scoopers and two cones! :) Both kids love this!IMG_6120

After dinner when they were playing with it, they climbed up with Uncle Stephen and I love that Reed was truly licking the “danilla” ice cream!  IMG_6123IMG_6164

I promise my bangs aren’t messed up like they look here. They’d just gotten a little out of place! :)IMG_6165

I love this picture! Stephen told Ava to lay across their lap and she thought it was quite funny! IMG_6129

She started the first day of DST VERY early and immediately got her ice cream set out!IMG_6131

We got up and went to early Mass. IMG_6135

And then we went to breakfast with my grandparents and couple of their friends! (if you’re local, do you see a local news celebrity in the background?! Ha! He also goes to our church and happens to be good friends of my parents. He’s a news anchor but Ava told my mom we saw her “weather friend”).IMG_6146IMG_6145

After breakfast, Reed and I promptly went to the walk-in clinic. He’s had a horrible snotty green nose and a nasty cough since Tuesday. Today we woke up and told me it hurt inside his ear and he also had a weird splotchy red mark right under one ear. I was gearing up for a LONG wait and as we walked in, a lady was coming out and told us it was almost empty in there! Score! We got in and there were two people ahead of us. We seriously sat in the waiting room for about 15 minutes and then were called back.   IMG_6148

The nurse hadn’t even been out of our room for a minute when the doctor walked in. It was funny because the doctor happened to be my primary care doctor. He was filling in for some of the doctors there. He checked Reed over and said he had fluid on the ear that Reed said hurt. He went ahead and gave us a prescription since he had the nasty green snot. Thankfully he doesn’t feel too bad, but I’m glad we had him seen before his ear got too bad. We were in and out of there in 25 minutes – unbelievable!!! Reed was proud of his prize! IMG_6156

The kids and I took a nap Sunday afternoon. Ava doesn’t always sleep on the weekends but when she does, she is OUT! IMG_6163

It was such a good weekend. I love the slower pace of life on the weekend and just enjoy getting to be at home with my family. I hope this week passes as quickly as the last ones have so we can do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! D-Bobb has a distinct silhouette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Reed is filling better! That ice cream set is adorable and a great choice by big sis :)

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved