Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bisquick Sausage Balls

In my tips for working moms post, I mentioned that I make and freeze sausage balls for the kids’ breakfasts. I had a couple requests via twitter for the recipe for them.

A few things about them:

1. It’s not my recipe. It uses Bisquick so it’s probably a Bisquick recipe originally. There are variations on it, but it works for me.

2. I really don’t like calling them sausage balls. I mean, they are, but I wish there was a less tacky sounding name. It’s funny when reed walks in the kitchen in the morning and says “my balls, mama!” haha!

Sausage Balls
2 cups Bisquick
1lb sausage (you can use any kind – turkey sausage, hot, mild, regular, whatever floats your boat)
1 – 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese (again whatever strikes you – mild, sharp, etc)
1/2 cup milk (not all recipes call for this, but I think without a little bit of liquid, they don’t do well)
Sprinkle of garlic salt (don’t have to do this but I like what it adds)

Like I said, there are SO many variations of this recipe. There’s one out there with cream cheese in it and while they were good, I didn’t think they were good enough for the extra added calories, personally.
I like to use my stand mixer to mix all the ingredients. Throw it all in the mixer, turn it on until it’s all well blended.

IMG_0173

IMG_0174
Spray your baking pans with cooking spray. I also like to spray my cookie scoop that I use to portion it out because otherwise it’s a little work getting them out.

IMG_0177IMG_0179
I made a double batch this time and was able to make 82. Bake at 375 for about 18 minutes.   


IMG_0182   
When they are finished, I just let them sit for a while and cool, then I put them in a Ziploc and freeze. We pull them out and heat them in the mornings and they are even good for on the go!

3 comments:

  1. I love these. So good. And thank you for the laugh with your comment #2 about the sausage balls. :) haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made these before, but now I am intrigued! how many keep you full for breakfast? hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. look so yummy! My fiance loves sausage balls and I'm always looking for new recipes, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved