When we had Reed, my precious friend Amanda brought us dinner. She brought this sandwich and this amaaaaazing dressing that I had to have the recipe for! This was SO good! I decided it would be a good party food. And I was right. I made two of these and think I had approximately 15 guests and there were only 4 teeny slivers left!!!! I love it when something I make is a hit!
2 cans Pillsbury crusty french loaf bread
Your preference of cheese, deli meats, veggies
¾ Cup Vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
¾ Cup Sugar
1 ½ Tsp Salt
1 ½ Tsp Dry Mustard
1 ½ Tsp Paprika
Mix it all together! It will settle so make sure to shake it well before each use.
I’ve made this for a party before and every time it is a HUGE hit. It tastes like a yummy strawberry shortcake with pudding. And if you don’t like coconut, don’t let the name throw you off. There is NO coconut in it, just coconut milk. And it’s mixed with other flavors, so you can’t taste coconut.
Source: The Pampered Chef
1 lb (450 g) fresh strawberries, divided
3 pkg (3 oz each) soft ladyfingers (about 24 total) (or a pan of frozen Sara Lee pound cake – this is what I use)
1 can (14 oz ) sweetened condensed milk, divided
1 can (14 oz ) unsweetened coconut milk, divided
1 container (8 oz)sour cream
1 container (12 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg (3.3 oz or 102 g) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Hull strawberries and slice them.
2. Cut ladyfingers or pound cake into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces; set aside.
3. Whisk together 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the condensed milk, 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the coconut milk and sour cream in large bowl. Add ladyfingers/pound cake and toss gently.
4. Set aside 1 cup of whipped topping for later.
5. Combine pudding mix and remaining coconut milk; whisk until thickened. Add remaining condensed milk and cinnamon; whisk until incorporated. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
6. To assemble, place half of the ladyfinger/pound cake mixture into Trifle Bowl; top with half of the strawberries. Spread half of the pudding mixture over strawberries. Repeat layers one time. Pipe whipped topping over top.
If you try any of these recipes, hope you enjoy them!!!