Reed, you are three years old today! I can’t believe it’s been three years since you joined our family. You bring SO much love and joy (and chaos!) to our family, and I can’t imagine life without you.
Here are some things I want to remember about you at this age:
- Whenever I ask you what you want to eat, you always answer “Geno’s pizza with ranch”
- You are in your first year of preschool and you really seem to like it.
- One evening a couple weeks ago you weren’t eating your dinner. After encouraging you for a very long time, I finally told you that you got nothing else for the rest of the night, not even apple juice. I said the only thing you could have would be water. You looked at me and said “That’s ok. I LOVE water.” Touché, little boy.
- You wake up EVERY morning at 5:15 like clock work. You come in our room and tell us “I’m not tired a bit”
- You are in a very shy stage, even with people you know. You are incredibly bashful and before a birthday party a few weeks ago, you told me “I’m not going to talk to no one.” And you didn’t.
- You think you are as big as Ava and can do everything that she does.
We just love the excitement you bring to our lives. You definitely keep us on our toes but we love your little spitfire personality! We hope you have a wonderful birthday and an awesome year ahead!
I wanted to use this little questionnaire I used with Ava on Reed, too!
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Maggie
2. What is your favorite color? Red and orange
3. What’s your favorite television show? Mickey and Peppa Pig
4. What song do you love? R-E-D, Red
5. What’s your favorite food? Geno’s pizza with ranch and cheese on it
6. Who is your best friend? Maggie
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? A dinosaur
8. What are you really good at? Fire fighting
9. Where do you wish you could go on vacation? To the beach
10. What is your best memory? Geno’s
11. What would you buy if you had $1,000? A black firefighter shirt
12. What vegetable do you hate the most? Broccoli
13. If you could have a wish, what would it be? I have a Christmas tree
14. Who is your biggest hero? ME
15. What makes you laugh? Ava sitting on Paw-paw’s toes
16. What are you afraid of? Ghostes
17. What is your favorite toy? A fire truck
18. What is your favorite snack? A fruit snack
19. What is your favorite drink? Apple juice
20. What is your favorite movie? Mickey
21. What makes you sad? That Haw-maw doesn’t pick me up, that’s what makes me sad
22. What is your favorite place to go? Geno’s pizza
Happy, happy birthday, Reed! You’re our favorite little boy and we hope you always have so much love and joy in your life as you do today!