Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Winter Days

It’s hard to find the time and the energy to come here and blog. I really want to keep it up because I love looking back. These days are sooooo tiring and so exhausting, but I wouldn’t trade any of it for anything.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a gorgeous weekend. Zach had homework and I actually had to bring some work home that weekend but we opened the windows and turned the kids loose in the back yard. Reed insisted on being safe and wearing his helmet while driving the jeep.  IMG_4686    

Later that afternoon I took the kids on a walk and they wanted to ride their scooters. This was Reed's inaugural ride on his scooter outside the house. This picture was only seconds before he rode right off the side of the sidewalk and crashed right into the street.

IMG_4706 

Lately, Reed is really into the show Paw Patrol. Santa Claus brought him Marshall in his stocking and when he saw that on Christmas morning, his little excited heart was the most precious thing I’ve ever seen. Last weekend, I finally put to use a gift card he’d gotten for his birthday and got him Chase to go with Marshall. He’s in pup heaven!IMG_4725

We had so many sweet people loving on Ava this week when she was sad about having a brother. Everyone told her she would get lots of special time with mommy and be the special girl being the only girl in our family. I’m so glad we have one princess! IMG_4807

Thursday was the 100th day of school for the kids. Ava came home Wednesday night and said it was going to be the best day EVER because there would be NO learning! ha! She was so excited to go to school that morning! I love the excitement kids have when they truly believe it is the best day ever!IMG_4809

I started feeling weird on Wednesday and woke up Thursday feeling just awful. I stayed home from work which I NEVER do. I cannot even remember the last time I stayed home sick from work for me and not a kid. I spent the whole day in bed. I felt better Friday but by the evening I was pretty tired. Unfortunately for me, this was a weekend Zach had to work all weekend. We got home Friday night and the kids got to have pizza picnic and movie night while I just rested.  IMG_4819

Saturday was a loooooong day. ha! I took both kids grocery shopping (remind me not to do that again), and we spent the day at home. Unfortunately the grass was still wet from rain earlier in the week so we didn’t get to go outside. I was ready for Zach to come home. I had been cleaning and walked out to the living room and didn’t see Reed. I asked Ava where he was and then I heard some giggling. I opened the doors to our entertainment center where we keep blankets and there he was.  IMG_4826

Later that evening, Reed asked me if he could use all the stickers from a box of Valentine’s and I said yes. Because in the interest of full disclosure, I was seriously craving some Life Saver big ring gummies and they didn’t have them any other way than in a box of valentine’s…… soooo I got the gummies and he got the stickers. And he did use them all. IMG_4827

And while these two give me a run for my money every single day, I am so very thankful for them!IMG_4828

One more thing to remember – see Reed’s black shoes? I have no idea where we got these, but he LOVES them. He asks to wear them almost every day, but we keep them for Sundays for church. They are probably two sizes too big but he wears them anyway. He also wears them with his firefighter Halloween costume. I love that kid! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved