Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Catching up!

I’m a little behind on documenting things so I am going to try and get a little caught up!

Last Monday we were supposed to meet some friends for dinner at Chick-fil-a. Shortly before meeting, there was a torrential downpour. We decided we didn’t feel like wrestling our kids through the rain. The kids knew about our plans and I knew when I got Ava she was going to be so sad. And she was. IMG_7699

Zach had to work late that night, and since we didn’t have any other dinner plans, I thought I’d just stop and pick them up dinner. Well, when we got there, there was a small lull in the rain, so I decided to be brave and we just went ahead and went in and ate. IMG_7764 IMG_7766

When we got home, I let them run through the rain for a little bit! IMG_7791 IMG_7795

There are definitely times for boundaries, and there are times when I enjoy being a spontaneous, yes-saying mom. These little moments with the kids are so much fun and I hope they have good memories of the yes times!

Later that night, Reed was scared of the thunder and he didn’t want to go to bed, so he fell asleep in my lap. IMG_7803

One thing I love about Reed at this age is that after he eats a meal, he always picks his dishes and cup up and takes them over by the dishwasher. He does this without us even asking! IMG_7827

Last Wednesday Ava finally got to go on her field trip. That morning she wanted to show Reed her cape and mask, so we went to see it before school. She made her superhero pose which made me laugh! IMG_7843

On 5/15, I picked Ava up from school, and she greeted me with the very enthusiastic news that she had a loose tooth!!!! She is SO excited and can’t wait for it to fall out!!! IMG_7857

We were supposed to spend the weekend at my parents’ house because my grandmother from Illinois was going to fly in. Earlier in the week, she started having some issues and had to be hospitalized. She’s since been released, but was obviously not well enough to travel. Zach had a ton of homework and school stuff to do this weekend, so the kids and I went on without him. He ended up being sick most of the weekend with a weird little bug, so it was probably better he stayed home.

The kids and I had a good time, though it isn’t the easiest thing traveling with them alone. They don’t sleep near enough in the car! ;) IMG_7863

The worst part about traveling is the kids sleep so poorly and wake up SO EARLY. Like 5:00 am early. Reed fell asleep on the floor instead of his blow up mattress. IMG_7882

My parents have some neighbors across the street who have two little girls, one Ava’s age and one Reed’s age. Ava and the little girl have loved playing together when we’ve been there and it was so cute seeing her go across the street to see if she could play. I wish we lived in a neighborhood with lots of little neighbor friends!  IMG_7908

Reed had to check out their storm shelter. IMG_7911

We went out for dinner Saturday night and the kids were so tired they were almost delirious. Reed was eating his sopapilla and I was using the camera to take a picture of him, where he could see it. He made his eyes really big and leaned in really close to the camera. It was hysterical. Then he couldn’t stop. He’s so funny! IMG_7916 IMG_7929 

It was very cold outside Sunday morning, but the kids insisted on eating breakfast outside. They had to wear jackets and bundle up in blankets. But they sure were happy. IMG_7937 

They didn’t get to play, but Ava got to say goodbye to her friends before we left! They are looking forward to seeing each other again soon!IMG_7951

Ava also had a big day on Saturday, but I’ll save that for my next post!! Ok, I think that catches us up!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Move one street over! We are out almost every night playing with tons of neighborhood kids. Or just walk over!!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved