This is not an original recipe from me, but I am going to make it easier b/c the post where I found this has the ingredients listed, but the directions are in a video. Who wants to watch a video every time they want to make a recipe? Ain’t nobody got time for that. So I’m going to help you out by giving you the directions too!
Chicken Parm Bake – from Food Wishes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5, but they were huge!)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put olive oil in a 9x13 baking dish. Add crushed garlic and mixed pepper flakes and spread around to evenly coat the dish. (You can leave out the pepper flakes but I LOVE the little beat of heat and extra that it brings to this dish!)
3. Put your chicken breasts in the dish. (The first time we made this I cut my chicken up and baked it like that. This last time we just used the breasts, but pounded them to make more thin).
4. Pour your marinara sauce on top of the chicken and spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle chopped basil over the sauce.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 of mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on top.
7. Time for the secret ingredient: croutons! Don’t skimp with a cheapy brand. Get something with good garlic flavor! Pour these on top and spread them around so that they cover the dish.
8. Add the rest of the cheese on top of the croutons.
9. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (cooking time will vary based on the size/thickness of your chicken breasts).
10. Let rest for a few minutes before serving! The top of the croutons will be crunchy and the bottom will be a little softer from being in the sauce – just like your traditional chicken parm! Serve with pasta, salad, and if desired, some garlic bread for an easy, yummy meal!