Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happenings at our house

Last week was supposed to be a little quieter at our house. And then life happened. Nothing bad, just made it a little busier than anticipated.

Zach was busy with a tryout on Monday night so it was just me and the kiddos. After dinner and baths, Reed occupied himself with his colors. He loves coloring! IMG_3257

On Monday, I also took my car to get the oil changed. I got a call that afternoon with “well, you need some things done.” Those things came to a total of $1,200. ::gulp:: Unfortunately, they weren’t really things you want to neglect. We knew I needed two new tires, the battery was testing bad, I needed new rear brakes, and my water pump was leaking. Seeing as how I was driving to LR Friday by myself and knowing we have some traveling coming up, we decided to do it all minus the water pump. Then I decided I might as well just do it all and set up an appointment for Wednesday. Truthfully, I don’t think we’ve replaced the rear brakes once, and I truly cannot remember if we’ve put in a battery (i’m sure we have), since we got the car 7 years ago. We’ve been fortunate not to have to put a lot of money into it. I’m hoping these maintenance things are all we have to deal with.

Well, Wednesday afternoon they called me and said that they had done everything, except the water pump. They’d gotten it in, but when they opened the box, the pump inside didn’t match the pump that was ordered. It was mis-boxed and they asked if they could keep my car overnight. So Zach had to come pick all of us up and on the way home, Reed played with Zach’s hat. IMG_3273

We had a pretty quiet weekend. We did some stuff around the house. My latest hobby is making wreaths. I’ve made a few and worked on some this weekend for a couple friends. I love how this one turned out!IMG_3522

I was a little worried about the kids adjusting to the time change, but so far, they’ve done really well. They sat down in the chair and watched a show on Sunday morning. So sweet.IMG_3492 

Another thing we did this weekend was have some awesome toast! Friday afternoon my grandma gave me a loaf of her homemade bread. I’m not sure my kids have ever had it, and I told Ava we should make toast with it, because honestly, it’s the best toast. She fell in love. Reed liked it too. He calls my grandma “Tay” so when they asked for breakfast, they asked for Tay Toast. haha   IMG_3497 

Finally, our friend and old neighbor Katie, has started a business. She does party decor and also personalized clothing. You can find her shop, Trendy Biscuit, here.  She gifted Ava with this adorable winter dress and we took some photos for her. Ava cracked me up in some of them! She is so different in all of the photos – funny how she can turn it on and off!!IMG_3503 IMG_3513 IMG_3514IMG_0259-2IMG_0268-2IMG_0272-2    She kills me throwing deuces in this last one. This is truly her personality!! :)

Aren’t you happy I let you in on our riveting, exciting days?! :) haha! Truly, I love the every day memories and more than once I’ve looked back to remember something, so for now, the daily life posts will continue!

1 comment:

  1. I dislike car and home maintenance,lol:-)
    Ava looks so big! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved