Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween has come and gone. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go with Reed since he wasn’t crazy about his costume!

He didn’t wear it for Trunk or Treat and any time we would bring it up he would shake his head and say, “No, I don’t. I don’t like it.” Okay. Got it dude.

Ava got to wear her costume to school for her Halloween party and as I got her ready, we asked Reed if he wanted to try his on. Cue the tears.

So here was Ava at school!IMG_3288

I thought maybe if I got Reed a different costume, he would be more happy about wearing it. I went to Target at lunch time and found a robot costume. There is a Mickey Mouse episode he loves, where Goofy builds a robot called Goofbot. Goofbot is a very beloved person in our home, so I thought maybe we could just call him Goofbot and that he would wear it then. So he was really excited about the robot costume. Until I tried to put it on him.

At this point I decided it wasn’t worth it. He was obviously upset and terrified so I wasn’t going to force it. As I got Ava dressed for trick or treating, I started putting her makeup on. Well, Reed decided he wanted make up. I told him if he wanted makeup he needed to have a costume too. Zach came and talked to him and was able to get him to put his costume pants on. He resisted a little for the shirt, but we finally got him in his original costume! And then we did his makeup.

IMG_3302IMG_3304IMG_3364 IMG_3357

Once we got going, Reed LOVED trick or treating! He decided his favorite part was knocking on doors. We’d get to a house with the light on and he’d say “I need knock knock.” There were even a few houses where someone was already there and he would stand there and shriek because he was made he couldn’t knock. Silly boy. IMG_3407

I know the kids enjoy Halloween and I love watching them have fun but it’s not necessarily up there for my favorite holidays. I’m always a little relieved to see it go! ;) Ava has started talking about her costume for next year already. I think we have a little time. I’m glad Reed gave in and participated because they sure did look cute together!

1 comment:

  1. awww so cute! those kids are adorable! I'm glad Reed finally gave in! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved