Monday, August 3, 2015

Addressing some things

I’ve had a lot of questions directed to me over the last few days that I want to answer, as well as some things I’ve seen/read that I want to address.

Because we all love a good bullet list, here it goes:

  • Stephen may post something on Leslie’s blog at some point, but I have no idea if he has any plans to have a blog of his own. He has a lot to work through and that is most likely not one of the pressing items on his mind. He also does not have an Instagram account at this time and most likely won’t be accepting friend requests on Facebook from people he does not know.

  • As I can, I will periodically post updates on Caroline and Ainsley. We live about an hour away from them but plan to see all of them as often as we can. We loved those little girls before all of this started and we love them even more now and plan to be very present in their lives.

  • I realize that most of you are so shocked because you thought Leslie was getting better. While she was released from the hospital in May, the reality is that she was NOT better. She was stable enough. The reason you didn’t know this was that Leslie was VERY private about her health issues. Those of us privy to the details respected that and will continue to do so. She wasn’t attention seeking and did not like discussing her health.

  • I’m sure there are all kinds of rumors floating around out there. I’ve read some things in different places that have made me cringe. I just ask that before you write something, imagine how you would feel if you were reading those words about your own loved one. I would hope that Stephen never comes across some of the things I’ve seen said about Leslie. None of it is mean or hateful, but it’s speculation and judgments about her and her health and that doesn’t help or change anything.

  • THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. IMG_2969The outpouring of love that has been showered on our families has been nothing short of incredible. Leslie was so loved and that has been evident in the show of support we’ve been given. I would give anything to not need this support but God is still God and He is still good.

  • The hardest part is just beginning for Stephen. He will need more prayers in the days, months, and years to come. Please continue sending those prayers up for him and his daughters.

  • If there is something unsettled in your life, a relationship, a problem, whatever – take the time to get it right. We are not promised tomorrow. Also, I’m not sure how people handle grief without knowing Jesus. Even in the midst of this trial, He is right here. I’ve said many times that He was merciful in Leslie’s passing and I do believe that. Her dad said at her funeral that the Lord finally said “enough is enough” in terms of her suffering. Jesus is there for all of us, we just have to let Him in. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18

11 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet person.. I know you will be for there Stephen and the girls.. They are blessed to have you.. You all are in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweet person.. I know you will be for there Stephen and the girls.. They are blessed to have you.. You all are in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I wanted to say that your family, especially Stephen and the girls are constantly in my prayers. I just wanted to comment and thank you for being so gracious with Leslie's blog followers. Leslie's blog was one of the first blogs I started to follow. Her posts inspired me to be a better wife/mom/friend and she helped my relationship with God. So, I might have never met her, but I will be forever grateful to her. She was such a beautiful soul and she will be missed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs my friend as you continue to navigate these rough waters. You are so right, faith and trust in God is so important. He really is our rock to lean on in hard times. Each day is a gift, I couldn't agree more. Hang in there gal and thanks for posting the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been praying for Stephen and the girls, as well as all of the family, at night. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot imagine the waters that Stephen is going to have to wade through now that she's gone, the celebration of her life is over, and all the family that came into town is leaving...praying for him through this difficult and unimaginable time. Does Caroline know what's happened? I ask because Lilly and C are close in age, and Lilly asks where I am every 5 minutes when I cam gone...that would be so difficult I would think. Oh man. And like you said, I did (as I am sure most of the blogging community did) think Leslie was getting better, so her passing was a complete shock. It sounds like she and her family knew that was not the case, and I am thankful for that. I totally understand her being private about that part of her life, I probably would be too. I still just can't believe it. Thanks for continuing to share pics of the girls with us-praying for Stephen, the girls, and all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your sweet family have been on my mind in my prayers. I'm so heartbroken that you all are now walking this path. Sending love and prayers to each of you.

    XO,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've mentioned it several times on IG about how sad I am for Leslie's daughters, however I have failed to mention how sad I am for you and your children. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you to have to explain something so devastating to your babies, and then for them to understand! You and your entire family are in my thoughts.

    P.S.- I am glad to see that you've started posting pics of the kids and trying to ease back in to more normal postings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your beautiful post, Sarah. Our hearts are heavy and we will not forget Leslie, her girls, Stephen or your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for thinking of Leslie's blog followers in all of this. It's very unimaginable what you, your family, and especially Stephen and the girls are going through. She will be missed by so many. Sending prayers for Leslie's eternal rest and especially the families so close to her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree so much with what you said about speculation surrounding Leslie's passing....I have read on several sites that "her heart condition worsened after the birth of her second daughter". While that may or may not be true, my first thought was, what if Ainsley were to read that one day (as I'm sure she will) and be made to think that she was somehow responsible for her mother's passing! I hope people really think before they type things like that because imagine the guilt or responsibility that these precious girls would feel if they were to read those words!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved