Monday, August 13, 2012

Days at home

The kids school was closed last week for cleaning and professional development so I spent the week at home with them. It was SO nice to spend some extra time with them. Zach had professional development all last week as well, on top of evening rehearsals, so he left around 7:30 in the morning and didn’t get home until 8:30 – 9:00 every night. The kids would see him for a few minutes in the morning and Reed would be alseep by the time he got home. The days were long days, but I was SO SO incredibly thankful to have them.
Tuesday we hung out at home. The kids were so good and even took naps at the same time!IMG_4879 That night we took Ava to a new gymnastics class. I hadn’t been overly impressed with the place she’d been taking and we tried somewhere new. It was MUCH better and she learned more in one night than in the 2 months she’d been at the other place.
Wednesday I took Ava to get her hair trimmed before school starts. She likes getting anything done that involves primping/pampering! In fact, every morning, we played makeup shoppe while I got ready.IMG_4901
Ava also worked a little on her letters and her drawing.IMG_4905 This is a drawing of our family. Can you guess which one is Reed? :)
After Ava’s haircut, we headed to my mom’s to learn to make cinnamon rolls. I’ve wanted to learn how to make the recipes that she and my grandma make. They’ve been passed down for I don’t know how many generations and I was excited to learn to make them.IMG_4943 I’ll have a post on how to make these soon!!
Thursday we went to visit my great-great aunt and the kids great-great-great aunt! IMG_4952
Ava took this picture – not too bad! IMG_4957
Friday we had a play date with some of Ava’s friends. They are starting preschool at her school this year and she is excited they will be there even though they will be in a different class. I had a voucher for Great American cookies that expired in 2 days, plus a coupon I found online so instead of just getting cookies I thought a cookie cake would be cute.IMG_4981 IMG_0770
Friday evening was so nice and comfortable out. We let the kids play outside and they had so much fun! I see many more evenings like this in our future!!!IMG_4991
I have said it before, and I’ll say it again. I am so thankful and so blessed to have such a great job. However, days I get to spend with my babies are the most precious days to me. I’m thankful for the days I do get to spend with them.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! :)
    They are all adorable sitting there with their cookie!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved