Friday, September 28, 2012

Confessional Friday

I’m linking up with my fabulous SIL’s popular Confessional Friday!!

 

  • I confess that I got a call  yesterday afternoon that Reed was running fever. It was up to 102. I also confess that I wanted to scream, curse, and cry because this just isn’t a good time for him to be sick, but when is it ever really? Zach had a game last night as well as other things that were supposed to be done, but those all get pushed aside when you have a sick baby who needs you.
  • I confess I drove all the way to the walk-in clinic (his pediatrician’s nurse said they didn’t have ANY appointments) and I could take him there. Lo and behold, the clinic won’t see kids under 12 months old. He’ll be 12 months old….. in 9 days. Ugh.
  • I confess as I called another clinic and got the same answer, and then his pediatrician to find out HE was already booked for TODAY, I cried a big, ugly cry. Sometimes things just get to be overwhelming and a cry is what you need. Fortunately, I was able to get him an appointment with a doctor in the practice for this morning.
  • I confess that this poor boy just feels awful. And it makes me so sad. :(IMG_5866
  • I confess that my mom and I argued for 10 minutes over her keeping him today on her day off. I feel guilty that I need to be at work, feel guilty that I’m not with him, and feel guilty that she has to spend her day off taking him to the doctor and not getting her stuff done. She argued with me to let her watch him now while she is here and still can. Zach is going to school for his morning classes and will pick him up this afternoon. My mom will love on him and get him to the doctor to find out what’s wrong.
  • I confess that I have MAJOR WORKING MOMMY GUILT over not staying with my sick baby. I know that he’ll be in good hands, but I feel like I should be there even though I know this plan at this time is best. It’s so hard working and being a mom at times and letting others help.
  • Speaking of letting others help, I confess that this is something I ALWAYS have a hard time with. I hate asking for help or accepting help/offers/whatever from others. I just feel guilty about putting people out. I expect them to let me help, though.
  • I confess I am working on this. One of my favorite church songs has the words, “Brother, let me be your servant. Let me be as Christ to you. Pray that I may have the grace, to let you be my servant, too.” Yeah, I get it. I’m trying to be better about this.
  • I confess I’m not looking forward to this weekend. We have our school fundraiser and it’s going to be insanity. On top of sick kid, I’d like to skip through the next two days.
  • Last confession: not sure why I spend my time confessing/blogging/such. It doesn’t seem like there’s anyone out there reading anymore! I do like knowing we have a detailed account of these very busy days with young babies and my kids will be able to look back some day and see what our life was like when they were little.

Happy Friday, friends! Have a blessed and wonderful weekend!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I read! :) I'm sorry about your sick kiddo and guilt. I don't have kids yet, but I feel guilty when my mom takes time off to come help me. She is so giving and will come help me clean my house before a party...or help do tasks when I'm feeling overwhelmed. She told me that while I would do ANYTHING for my (someday) child, that is how she feels about me. So let her help you. She is your mommy after all! :)

    And I didn't realize you were Leslie's SIL. That's fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog is very sweet and I'm working mom (my kids are older though, 13 and 9 still hard though no matter what age!) as well so I completely 'get-it" and it's definitely not easy. The guilt can be very brutal but just do the best you can do as that is all God wants us to do. Every day is a new, fresh day! Hang in there and hoping sweet Reed is on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) I hope Reed feels better soon! B) I also hope that you starting feeling better. Working mom guilt is the worst. While now I have a good schedule when I was in school I always felt terrible and such guilt. I don't really have advice but I will pray for you some contentment. and C) I still read I just never comment. Usually, because I read from my phone or have a very active baby jumping all over me. But I feel that way sometimes but I just remind myself I'm not writing for other people I'm writing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read too; I just don't comment unless I have something useful/helpful/funny to say. : ) Which isn't often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think about how great it will be for my children to be able to read if they would like as well :)

    A good cry IS MUCH NEEDED sometimes for me as well. I find it releases all that bottled up stressy stuff and I can move on easier.

    When I see another baby wearing the same outfit we have- I feel the need to say, My son has that monster sleeper too! lol

    My son was feverish for 3days 104 :( then had an awful tummy ache for 2 days. In all it lasted 7 days. What's happening with your guy? Any answers yet?

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved