You have brought so much joy the last six months. It’s hard to remember what life was like without you. I always tell people you are my BABY. All of my kids are, but right now I’m just soaking up these special moments with you as my sweet little baby. The past six months have seriously FLOWN by. You’ve grown so much and are such a joy!
Here’s what you are up to at six months old!
- You just started sitting up!!!!!!
- You still love your sleep. You typically go to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 and sleep until about 6:15 during the weekdays and about 7:00 on the weekends. Your naps are scattered, especially at school, but you usually take one long nap on the weekend.
- When you are ready for bed, we lay you down in your bed and you wiggle around and then suck on your fingers and go to sleep.
- You nurse in the morning when you wake up and at night before bed. During the week, you have three 5 oz bottles at school. You nurse and have an occasional bottle during the day on the weekends.
- We have tried giving you a few things of food, but you haven’t shown much interest. We’re slowly going to introduce foods to you.
- You wear a size 2 diaper and are wearing 6 and 9 month clothes.
- When you went to the doctor on Nov. 11, you weighed 17 lbs even. I can’t wait to see how long you are.
- You love to babble and are starting to make sounds that sound similar to words.
- You love to laugh and are extra smiley in the morning.
- You have started pushing yourself up and getting your chest off the floor.
- You love laying on the floor and playing with a laptop toy that lights up.
- When you are laying on your tummy, you get excited and raise your legs and arms up in the air and your belly is the only thing touching the ground.
- You also still love to suck your middle three fingers. It’s how you soothe yourself and how you put yourself to sleep. However, you will not take a paci.
- You still need a nap some evenings when you come home from school.
- You love playing in your jumper.
- You give the biggest smiles when we pick you up from daycare.
My sweet little guy, words cannot express the love I have for you. I feel so blessed to be your mommy. My heart could absolutely burst from the happiness you bring. I am sad that you are growing up so very fast, but I am so proud to watch you grow and experience new things. You are a treasure, Grant Thomas!