My little Reed turned 18 months old yesterday. A year and a half. I don’t even know how that is possible. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was sitting at this very desk and computer, the night before his birth, writing letters to him and Ava. I blinked and now here we are.
This is one of the ages I LOVE the most. You are learning SO much, and soaking up every little thing and I love seeing you achieve new things, especially ones that you’ve been attempting a while. You are always doing something that makes us laugh. I cannot believe how fast your little life is moving and know that in what will feel like mere days, we will be celebrating your 2nd birthday.
These are some of the things I want to remember about you at 18 months:
- You have 12 teeth and two of your eye teeth have poked through and the other two are getting ready to do the same. I also think your two year molars are starting to work their way in. I can’t say I’ll be sad to see this process over.
- Your sister has loved watching TV and for the longest time you showed ZERO interest. Now you are very much into some certain shows. Your favorite show is Chuggington. Every morning you wake up and while you are getting dressed you say “Choo-choo?” asking to watch it. You also really like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins and Jake & the Neverland Pirates.
- Your vocabulary has EXPLODED! You can say so many words and even some phrases. Your words include mama, dada, Ava, bye-bye, more, pease, tank-tou, alright, bath, milk, nack (snack), pay (play), outside, ipa (iPad), Choo-choo, mickey, Doc, school, lets go, a’mon (come on), lets go, stop, eat, Hamaw, Papa, blabla (banana), cacker (cracker), coocoo (cookie), hi, huh, mine, tan-take (pancake – his favorite breakfast!), dink (drink), no, hello, ju (juice), and I’m sure I’m forgetting some.
- You LOVE taking showers! You love baths as well and when it’s time for either you run as fast as your little legs can carry you.
- You’ve started wanting to sleep in! I LOVE this. On mornings where we don’t have to get up and get ready, you’ll sleep until about 7:30.
- You go to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 most nights.
- We’ve started limiting your paci and it makes you mad. You go try to get it out of your bed a lot and you whine when you can’t get it.
- You can say and know where the following body parts are: head, nose, eye, ear, hand, foot, leg, arm, and belly. You like to point to mine or your daddy’s nose and announce nose especially while we are at church!
- Your favorite songs are the Wheels on the Bus and 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. When you want to sing WOB, you make the round-round motion with your hands and say “rou – rou” and when you want to sing about the monkeys you tap on your head.
- You have REALLY bad allergies and are suffering pretty badly right now. You get extremely congested and also get very bad circles under your eyes.
- When we talk to you and end it with okay? you always reply “kay” or “otay”. So cute.
- When you want someone to hold you, you walk up to them, lift your arms, and open and close your fists.
- When something amazes you or shocks you, you say “WHOA!” It’s so funny and SO adorable.
- You wear size 18 month clothes and will probably move into 24 months soon.
- You walk a little bow legged and it’s so cute. The doctor says you will outgrow this.
- You’ve started giving kisses on command instead of when you want. Love your big open mouth sloppy kisses!
You are so funny and so sweet. For the most part, you are such a good, well behaved little boy. You definitely are asserting your opinions and thoughts right now, but overall, you are an easy kid. I love you to pieces, sweet boy!!!!