Thursday, September 17, 2009

The birthday fun is starting!

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. I've been in a bit of a funk. I'm not sure if the like 6 straight days of rainy weather have had anything to do with it, but it's possible! I typically love rainy days (I know, I'm weird!), but even I agree that this is enough! Things at work are very stressful and overwhelming right now, and coupled with some personal stuff that's been tough to swallow, it's been a hard week! But life has its obstacles and I still have plenty to be thankful for, so I'm trying to focus on that!

Now then... we have an almost 1 year old on our hands and she is starting to see some birthday goodies rolling in!!

Ava got a card today from a boy who is on the approved dating list for Ava when she's older. My sweet friend from jr. high, Jen (who we met here), has a little boy and he is exactly six months younger than Ava. Anyway, he sent Ava a sweet card and she had fun opening it!


She carried it around the house and was soooooo proud of it


There was also a package on our porch for her. One of my very best friends can't make it to the party because she lives about 2.5 hours away. But she and her sweet husband (who we also met up with the same weekend we met Jen above) sent Ava a gift! I didn't let her open it b/c her daddy wasn't home, but I do think she'll know what to do when her party gets here! Thanks again, Chenin and Chuck!


And, I know I've said that our funny girl really enjoys showers, but here's the proof. I looked down and she had scooted herself under the faucet to let the water flow on her!


I think she looks like some kind of perched animal here, but can't think of which one .... thoughts??

Oh, one last story. Earlier as I was getting some pictures ready for this post, Ava saw some of her pictures on the blog and got excited. I decided to show the last video I posted and she got soooo happy and started waving to herself - seriously, this girl makes me melt!!

Be on the lookout for lots of birthday fun in the days ahead!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of her under the water. Too cute!

    Thanks for sharing your family with the blogging world. Even if you don't think you are blogging enough.

    Have a great weekend!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all a/b her big birthday plans & parties! Hope it's a blast for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE her!!!!! can't wait to see pictures of all the fun. tell her to be watching her mail next week. i know our present will be late, but i PROMISE it's worth waiting for. :) yayayay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO SO cute!! I love her little jeans...she looks like such a big girl all grown-up! And I know what you mean about the rain...it's wearing me out...SO blah!! Oh, and the pictures of her in the tub are hystercial...what a hoot!! I know what you mean about a perched animal, but I can't put my finger on it either...so cute though! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved