Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Be still..

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord is always there and always gives me hope when I am feeling at my lowest. Things have been really hard for me lately - work has exploded into a seemingly never-ending pile and I have been stressed to the max. Yesterday was probably one of the worst days I've had in a very long time. And I hate how it affects me. I hate feeling so beaten and defeated. I hate being so worn out and stressed when I get home that I'm exhausted and feel like I have no energy for my family. It's been a long, long time since I've gone home from work and cried. And yesterday was just one of those days.
This morning I was driving to daycare and Ava was in the backseat talking up a storm and I was just praying: praying for strength to make it through the day, strength to handle the stress and just to remember that I work for HIM. Anyway, I was feeling pretty sad and was having a hard time leaving Ava this morning. And I got back in the car and heard these lyrics from this song by Storyside B:

When I feel like caving in
My heart, my soul is wearing thin
I just want to give up
Nothing seems at all to add up
Can You hear me Lord?
When my face is down upon the floor
It's then you whisper in my ear
Be still and know I'm here

I so needed that this morning. I felt like that was my whisper in my ear. And the funny thing is that I have a daily words of wisdom for Moms calendar, and I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time to flip from Friday's verse, but when I got in this morning and was reading through the weekend verses, the one for Saturday mirrored the song:

"Be still, and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

Thank You, Lord, for the hope You give when it seems like there is none. Here's to being still!

I hope that this song touches you today too and reminds you what an AWESOME God we have!


3 comments:

  1. Wow - God is an AWESOME God! He gives you what you need exactly when you need it. I'm praying today is a better day for you! Love you. - Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously God had this on both of our hearts today. It is so hard to be still and know His plan is being played out, but in the end it's the only way to be. Thanks for visiting my site and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God puts the most perfect things in our path on the days when we need it most, doesn't He?! What a blessing this song is...I love it too! Remember to take each day @ a time. Hopefully tomorrow looks up! Know that we ALL have been there! Love you girl! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved