Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013

New Year’s Resolutions typically go out the door as quickly as they come in. there IS something to be said for bettering yourself or making changes that improve your life. I don’t think those should be limited to once per year though.

I’ve seen many people instead choose a word that will be theirs for 2013. I thought and thought on this and could think of words that would fit some areas of life but weren’t all encompassing. I was starting to sweat it a little because here we are, six days into the new year, and I hadn’t come up with anything.

Then all of a sudden it hit me like a freight train. My word? THANKFUL.

It’s easy to be thankful for all of the stuff we have, or when things go right. But I want to be thankful more.

I want to be:

  • THANKFUL when trials are placed before us. This is when we really dig down deep and find what we’re made of. It’s also a great time to draw closer to the Lord.
  • THANKFUL when things don’t go as we want imagine or hope for them to go. SO often, I am guilty of being upset or angry when we long for something, hope for something, pray for something, only to be told no. Some things we may never understand, but more times than not, we see why something didn’t work and it is ALWAYS a blessing we didn’t understand at the time.
  • THANKFUL for the annoyances in every day life. If something or someone is bothering me or annoying me, I’m lucky to have that. House that’s overflowing? We’re blessed with too much stuff. Kids that don’t sleep? We have healthy kids. Car too small? We have a car that works. I’m readjusting my attitude to find ways to be THANKFUL for all things on daily basis.
  • THANKFUL for the days that make me want to pull my hair out. Tomorrow is not promised, and even if it’s a bad day, it’s another day I get to live.
  • THANKFUL for the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY!

“In everything, give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved