Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break

Last week feels like it screamed by in a blur. It was a good week, and a productive week. I took a vacation day on Friday and we headed out of town for a couple days.

In our perfect plans, we had intended to spend a day at the zoo because we knew the kids would love it. In reality, the last days of spring break were incredibly cold and miserable outside so we ended up having some low key days away and just enjoyed some down time. We still managed to have fun!

Before we headed out, Ava got a hair cut. She looked so grown up afterward. And am I the only mom who is over those baby hairs growing in? Just when it looks good, she starts getting more. Blech.IMG_8715 

On our way out of town, both kids fell asleep and I thought it was funny that they were sleeping the same way.IMG_8723 

One of the days we were there, we got to meet up with my sweet friend, Sarah. She used to live very close to me and moved away a year and a half ago and I hadn’t seen her since! It was so fun catching up!IMG_8740

Our older kids were playing while we chatted and I got Reed a cup of ice cream to occupy him so we could visit longer. He felt like holding it in his lap was the best option!IMG_8738

Ava and I were excited to have a day just having fun!IMG_8730

I had also heard about this bakery with amazing cookies so we checked it out. These cookies were AH-MAZING! They were SO good!IMG_8731I’m already dreaming of having another one. Mmmmmmm!!!!

Honestly, we didn’t do much else. I love documenting things with photos but have been trying to live more moments. I’ve enjoyed taking a step back and just being. The whole time we were away, Reed wasn’t feeling great because his allergies have made him terribly congested. He was pretty miserable one evening and we all suffered at night due to his coughing. I was incredibly thankful when we got home and were all able to sleep in our own rooms! We ended up taking him to the doctor yesterday and were told once again, it’s just allergy induced congestion. He did have the beginnings of an ear infection so he will be on an antibiotic for a few days. This winter has not been kind to him. Hopefully we will see spring come to stay very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ava's hair is cute! I still have to fight the baby hairs and I am 27....

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved