Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Thanks

It’s been a trying year. We’ve had many obstacles, many changes, and many trials. Even so, we have SO MUCH to be thankful for and I’m definitely reminded of that!

As always, I’m so very grateful for my family: for Zach and our kids. They make my life so happy and I  know that I’m so blessed to have them. I’m also grateful for our extended families. I feel fortunate that we have so many people who love us and are there for us. Family truly is a blessing.

I’m thankful for our home, our clothes, our food, the many needs that we have filled way more abundantly than is necessary.

This year though, I have some new thankfuls.

I’m thankful for our health. I know that this is something I’ve taken for granted. We’ve had a lot of medical issues this year – lots of sicknesses for all members of our family, as well as Reed’s cyst. We have had MANY trips to Arkansas Children’s Hospital this year, and we have at least 3-4 more, possibly more, depending on how Reed’s next surgery goes. Every time I’ve walked through the doors, I have had to fight back tears. While the situation with Reed has been tough on us, I am SO thankful that he is dealing with an issue where we know that eventually, he WILL be healed. I know that as we’ve been relatively healthy, I’ve not been as thankful for it as I should be, but that is no more.

I’m also thankful for my job. Not only does it pay it our bills, but it provides us with wonderful medical insurance. Our coverage is not changing with these new healthcare laws, nor are our premiums going up by hundreds of dollars. I just feel so thankful to work for a company that provides top notch benefits to its employees.

I’m thankful for trials. Like i said earlier, this hasn’t been an easy year for us. It has felt like we’ve had one things on top of another go wrong, in so many many different aspects of our life. However, I feel like I’ve really grown in my faith during this time.

I’m thankful for seasons, particularly seasons in life. I think if we had all good all the time, then we wouldn’t learn to truly appreciate it. I’m thankful though that we aren’t always in a season of toughness because who would enjoy that?!

I am very thankful that I have so many blessings in my life. I have been blessed with so much more than I deserve and I’m really trying to remember to be thankful for those things I often take for granted!

I wish you and your families a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved