Sunday, February 22, 2009

Circle of Life



Today was a bittersweet day. This picture (which is priceless to me) is of Ava with her great-great-great uncle, Fr. Placidus. This man has given his life to the Lord and is one of the Godliest people I know. He has served as a priest for his life and it was an honor to have him serve as the priest of our church for many of my younger years. Our family has been blessed tremendously by him through the years and he means so much to all of us. We went to visit him today as he is ill and is preparing to go Home. This was the first time for Ava to meet him and she just took to him. He loves children and I was so glad she let him hold her. She was SO calm with him and I think it is because she could feel Jesus. :) That's how you feel around him. It's sad to think his time here with us is nearing an end, but he seems at peace and I am prayerful that he does not have to endure much pain. I'm so thankful we had today.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see this picture! It brought a tear to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...this picture is wonderful and it brings back memories for me as well! My sister and I used to go to Fr. P's home and sing "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" with him. I know exactly what you mean by the way he makes children feel....what an awesome man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check my blog for a special award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a priceless picture. I miss Fr. Placidus. I too remember getting sooo excited when he used to come get us out of class to go sing at his house.

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved