Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to work I go

Here we are. January. And here I am, very sad that today is my last day of maternity leave. I know it’s so cliché, but where did the time go? I cannot believe three months have passed in the blink of an eye.

I am so grateful and thankful I got to stay home with Reed for so long. But my heart is so sad today knowing that tomorrow I won’t be at home with him all day. When we first got him home from the hospital, I had a bit of trouble with being home alone all day. After working and being around other adults, it was hard being by myself and not having daily interaction. As the weeks passed, I grew to love being at home with my little boy. I always thought growing up I’d love to be a stay at home mom. When we got married, I knew that probably wouldn’t be possible because of Zach’s career. And that is ok. But it does make me a little sad knowing that as of tomorrow, my baby boy will be cared for by someone other than me for more hours than he will be by me. It also makes me sad knowing that there is no more schedule for us where I knew at certain times of day I’d be sitting and holding the sweet guy. But, I learned with Ava that she thrived very much being at school with other children. She loves activity and in fact, has about gone crazy this Christmas break not going to school. I pray that Reed will thrive as much as Ava has.

While I am sad, I must also say I’m incredibly grateful I have my job. It’s a good job and I work with people that I truly enjoy being around. With everything the way it is, I know I’m fortunate to have a job. I’m also thankful that we have a place for Reed to stay where he will be so loved and will receive amazing care. They are so ready to get their hands on him and I have a feeling he will get a lot of spoiling tomorrow.

At least I’m going back to a four day week! I’m sure tomorrow will be a bit of a hard day, so if you have any to spare, prayers are appreciated. I’m thankful for these two precious angels who make my life so much fuller!IMG_4365

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved