Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thirty Things I've Learned in my Thirty Years

Today is my 30th birthday which hardly seems possible! In honor of that, here are 30 things I have learned in my 30 years!!

  1. I am capable of far more than I think.
  2. When I worry & can't see how something will work out, God ALWAYS shows up & shows me otherwise. ALWAYS!
  3. Sometimes life just isn't fair. It just isn't. Period. The end.
  4. It's necessary to laugh at yourself.
  5. Losing friendships doesn't get any easier as I get older.
  6. No matter what you do or how hard you try, some people just won't like you. And that's ok.
  7. Life is short, too short, and every day should be treated as a gift.
  8. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. - Rent
  9. There will be people who are going to let you down.
  10. Honesty IS the best policy. If you aren't honest, you have to remember who you told what.
  11. In many disappointments, God has proven to me time and time again that His plans for me are far better than my plans for myself!
  12. Only you can decide your limits. In all areas of your life, make them and stick to them.
  13. When I make a fool of myself, my family will remind me of it for years and years to come!
  14. It's okay to tell people NO!
  15. Growing up we were always fighting, but as adults my siblings are some of my best friends.
  16. Even when you do the right thing, things may not always turn out in your favor.
  17. I am my own worst enemy.
  18. Trying new things can lead to something new you really love!
  19. "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
  20. Don't take yourself or life so seriously! Laughter is the best medicine.
  21. The only person who can make you unhappy is you. I cannot change people or situations. I can only change how I can react to them.
  22. Giving is far far greater than receiving.
  23. Sometimes it's okay to relax and be lazy.
  24. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.
  25. Think before you speak.
  26. Be humble.
  27. It's okay to accept offers of help.
  28. My husband and our kids can make any bad day infinitely better.
  29. It's okay to make mistakes. They teach you something and give you the chance to grow.
  30. I am blessed more than words can say.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday! LOVE this list (especially the Rent lyrics!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! My birthday was on Friday! I keep telling people I'm 29 for the 4th year in a row!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved