Friday, December 13, 2013

Holiday Express

For the last several years, we have made a tradition of going to our local park and riding the Holiday Express. The park is decorated with huge lights displays all around the park. The train runs around the park and you can look at all the lights. It’s fun and the kids LOVE it!

It has seemed like Christmas is sneaking up on me this year and I felt like we were running out of time to get there and ride the train. Since it’s been soooooo cold, we’ve been putting it off. I knew that if the weather warmed up some, everyone else would probably have planned to go out to ride. So we decided to try it Wednesday evening. We’ve gone in the cold before and have had to stand in very long lines. This time we went right after Zach and I got off work, and that and the fact that it was COLD, there was hardly anyone there. We didn’t have to wait in line at all. In fact, we walked to the train, rode it, and walked back to the cars in a shorter amount of time than we’ve waited in line in previous years!

The kids were really excited and they had a great time! IMG_4148 

Reed absolutely loved the ride!!! He was all smiles the whole time. He also wanted to ride again when we were done. There wasn’t anyone in line so we could’ve, but Ava was too cold.IMG_4158 IMG_4159

I love that our kids look forward to do this as one of our Christmas traditions. We all had a great time and I’m so glad we got to go!

 IMG_4163

Here’s to many more years of riding the Holiday Express and kiddos who don’t outgrow wanting to ride it for a very, very long time!!!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas traditions make me happy! No kids for me yet, but until that day I still make sure my siblings and I take part in what I consider some of our traditions. I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun memories! we love the holiday express too!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved