Sunday, March 15, 2009

Got diapers?


I apparently didn't. (Caution: poopy post ahead!)



Just a little preface to my story: I keep several diapers in Ava's diaper bag and routinely check it before we leave to make sure we're covered. While at daycare, Ava is in two rooms each day. Sometimes they forget to move diapers from one room to the other, so they grab one out of her bag if need be... and now for the rest of the story.

Ava and I were on our way to church this morning (Zach went to the early morning service) and we were almost there and I got a whiff of something. I was hoping that what I was smelling was just gas and not a poopy diaper. We got to church and I went around to get Ava to see if I could tell what was going on. My daughter has impeccable timing, and did in fact have a dirty diaper. So I got her out of her seat and started digging around in her DIAPER bag. Except today it was just her bag. There were no diapers in there!! I started getting a little nervous (read panicky) thinking, "what in the world am I going to do???" Then I had some not so nice thoughts about her daycare using her last diaper (although I realize it was as much my fault for not checking). So I laid her down to assess the damage. I was oh so fortunate in the fact that it was of a consistency that was easy to pick up with a wad of napkins and that there wasn't really any on the diaper itself!!!!! So I did what I had to do - removed the poopy with the wad of napkins, cleaned her up, and put the diaper back on! I felt sorry that I didn't have a clean diaper, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Oh, the things that mothers do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And just to note: even though they used her last diaper, I still love Ava's daycare and the ladies who watch her! We're very blessed to have her there.

5 comments:

  1. Hee hee! I know those poops...we call them "Easter eggs" at our house! I know that would gross most people out, but I totally understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Ha!! That's a good story! That's a "mouse in the pocket" at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah........thank you for posting this! I LOVE IT! Only a mother can truly appreciate this. Just last night I was thinking of all the "baby" stuff that would have totally grossed me out 1 1/2 years ago but now it is everyday stuff! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny story, Sarah! I have to say that I would have put Kate back in her seat and headed home...I sometimes have trouble thinking outside the box!! Great save!!

    Hope you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved