Monday, November 8, 2010

sick Ava :(

There just hasn’t been enough hours in the day to sit down and write a blog lately. We’ve just been pulled in lots of different directions and by the end of the day, we’re exhausted! Our weekend good, but Ava was incredibly whiny and just a pill, honestly.

She’d had a bit of a cough and a runny nose, but that’s nothing abnormal for her this time of year. She never really exhibited any signs of being sick, except just being very crabby and not sleeping well. About an hour after I dropped her off this morning, her teacher texted me and she was pulling at her ear a lot and was crying off and on. I asked her if I needed to go get her and she said it was up to me. I decided to go pick her up because I didn’t want her to be at school miserable. I called her doctor to get her an appointment and they couldn’t see her until 4:20. After getting to Ava’s school, she looked about 10 times worse than she did when I left her. She was tugging at her ear constantly and crying so I decided to just take her to a walk-in clinic. I’m SO glad I did. She has a very bad ear infection – the dr said her ear drum was about to perforate! :( I feel like such a bad mom for not getting her to the dr sooner, but she never ran fever or tugged at her ear before today. I’m so glad we went though because she’s had two doses of her antibiotic already and seems to have improved a little. If we’d waited to go to her dr, we’d probably barely be home! When we left the dr, the nurse said she could pick a prize, and she went for a sucker. She wanted that thing so badly that I had to take picture of her. I told her she couldn’t go in the living room with it. She was soooooo tired and feeling badly, but she wasn’t about to give up the sucker so she laid down with it.

IMG_1721IMG_1722 

She finally got a little bit of (restless) sleep this afternoon and was feeling a little better this evening. She’s still got a ways to go but I’m glad she’s at least got a day of antibiotics in her! Here’s to hoping she feels better tomorrow!!

6 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about not realizing how sick she was!! Ear infections can go from bad to worse in no time and they don't always run fever or pull on their ears to let you know in time. You are a great mom! I hope you got to enjoy some snuggle time this afternoon. Sometimes it is nice when our kids don't feel good and will actually sit still and let us hold them. :) It is the only time I feel like I can keep up with Eric! LOL I hope Miss Ava is feeling much better by tomorrow!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby girl! We have been battling ear infections lately with our Ava too. I hope she feels better soon and you all get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up Sarah! You had no idea that she was feeling this way! I hope that little Ava gets to feeling better very soon. Hopefully you guys will be able to get plenty of rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your little Ava is sick :( Glad the meds kicked in quickly! We're under the weather in our house too so I feel your pain! It's so tough when the little ones can't communicate exactly what's wrong. Here's to hoping Miss Ava is feeling much, much better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Ava is sick! Ear infections are the worst : ( Hopefully the antibiotics will keep working quickly though and she'll start feeling even better by tomorrow! You are SUCH a great mom Sarah and she is such a sweet girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no, sick babies are no fun. So sad :(
    This was my first time to your blog, just saying Hi :)

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved