Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ava’s Dance Recital

 

A couple weekends ago, Ava had her first big dance recital, complete with makeup and all that stuff! She did SO well and I was so proud of her for coming so far since November when they had a little show off recital. She cried a lot in November and this time she just went with her group, did her thing, and was a very brave girl!

I had planned on just putting her hair in a pony tail and at the last minute decided to try a bun. It turned out so much better than I thought it might! IMG_0074

She was excited to wear make up! I thought she looked good even if it did make her look WAY TOO OLD! So, really, I’m just sharing a ton of pics of this cute girl on her big night. She had some fun posing!

IMG_1644IMG_0078 IMG_0080IMG_1624IMG_1627IMG_0085

While we were having our little photo session, Reed was running around like a mad man.

IMG_1632

We thought maybe his new chair would help. It did. For about five seconds.

IMG_1643 

Dancers must always have a photo with their proud parents!!!!

IMG_0087IMG_0095IMG_1651

Here she is mid performance!

IMG_1653

And with gifts from her adoring fans! IMG_0103IMG_0106IMG_1657 

At the dress rehearsal the night before, I was overwhlemed. It' was the third night that week we’d had rehearsal, and it was the first night I’d taken her as Zach had taken her to the others. It was chaotic and I had no clue what was going on. I couldn’t understand why people would do this for years and years as it seemed a little much to me. But the next night? Watching my girl dance? Worth every minute.

Things I want to remember:

I botched Ava’s eye makeup before dress rehearsal. I was rushing to get her ready at my office and some of my co-workers had to help me fix her. It looked like she’d gotten a black eye!  The next day getting her ready for the real thing, she told me maybe my work friends could come help again because they did makeup “bery well”. Thanks again, Hannah and Melissa!!!!

IMG_0042

At dress rehearsal, during her ballet dance, she was dancing her heart out and did one of the turns and she fell. I was recording her, and she had the deer in the headlights look and just looked so stunned. My heart ACHED watching it. She got up, got right back to dancing, finished and came back to me, and it was no big deal to her. I just wanted to scoop that baby up and take that moment away from her. I was SO PROUD of how graceful she handled herself. If only we could all handle our falls in life that gracefully!

IMG_0096

Ava, you did such a great job! We all loved watching you dance and it was fun to see how much fun you had! You’ve grown so much and become so much more graceful during this year of dance. I’m also so amazed at the confidence you’ve developed! At the beginning of the year, you hated being up in front of a large crowd of people. This night? You embraced it and danced your little heart out! And you made us so incredibly proud! We love you and no matter where life takes you, you always stop to dance a little!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I loved dance as a little girl....you are making some great memories with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that little dancer! She looks like a natural, momma! Her auntie and uncle are very proud of everything she's learned this year : ) She'll have to show Caroline a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! What a big girl!!! She looks so precious in her dance costume!!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved