Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Strawberry Cake with Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting

Mmmmm! Doesn’t that sound so good?? I made this cake over the weekend to take to work for a co-worker’s birthday. It’s such a good cake, and it’s really pretty easy, so I thought I’d pass along the recipe.IMG_9943

I take NO credit for this recipe as my own. It was shared with me by a woman I worked with many years ago. It was always a huge hit when she made it, and the few times I’ve made it to share with people, it’s gotten great reviews.

Strawberry Cake (this tastes SO much better than the strawberry flavored box cake)

1 3oz  package strawberry flavored Jell-O®
1/2 cup cold water 
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix 
4 eggs 
1 cup vegetable oil 
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed (I use fresh strawberries and use my manual food processor to chop them up. Also, I don’t actually weigh or measure. I just put some in and use my eye to judge!)


  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans. (or I’ve done two 9x13 pans to make a 1/4 sheet cake)
  2. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in cold water; stir in the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, flour and the strawberries. Beat for 5 minutes on the medium speed of an electric mixer. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
  3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the layers spring back when lightly pressed in the center. Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks. (Adjust cooking time to your oven. Mine always takes less time than recommended, so I started with 20 minutes and mine were done).
  4. When cool, remove cakes from pans. You can either frost them upon cooling, or freeze them for easier frosting later. 

Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 
1 cup white sugar 
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream 

  1. In a small bowl (or stand mixer!!) beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.

Then frost your cake! This frosting is SO good. I had some leftover and I had some strawberries left so I dipped one in and oh.my.word. It’s my new favorite fruit dip – ha! :)

This was my cake I took to work:
IMG_9939 It was definitely nothing fancy on the outside, but man was it good on the inside! Let me know if you try this yummy creation!!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. Will have to give this a try! Sounds very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like strawberry boxed cake at all so I'll have to try this! I love the idea of strawberry chunks in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sinfully delicious.

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved