Friday, January 31, 2014

Confessional Friday – Getting to know me!

Hi friends, new and old! It’s time for another Confessional Friday!

CF logo 

Leslie is changing up Confessional Friday today so we can share a little bit about ourselves!

So, here we go!

Hey y’all! I’m Sarah! I’m a newly 30 year old smack dab in the middle of a crazy, fun life. I live in western Arkansas and am married to the love of my life, Zach!edwards family (65 of 68) We have been married for seven years and he is my best friend! We were an unlikely couple but once we started dating, the rest was history. He is a junior high band director and is one of the hardest working people I know. His students adore him and he truly changes lives of these young students and I could not be more proud of him and the work he does.

We have two children. Our oldest, Ava, is five.edwards family (68 of 68) She is a spunky, sassy, larger than life personality contained in this little five year old body. She is truly a joy and she keeps us on our toes. She’s smarter than any five year old should ever be and makes me question my abilities as a parent daily. :) She’s incredibly sweet and I’m so proud of the little lady she’s becoming right before my eyes. A couple days ago we watched some videos of her as a little one and two year old and I thought my heart my break from missing that precious baby love. I also miss the sweet girl who thought her mama was all that and didn’t threaten me from her perch in the corner “i can karate kick your face.” Just keeping it real, folks.

Our second child is Reed. He’s two and a half and he is a force to be reckoned with! edwards family (28 of 68) I just thought Ava was ornery and mischievous. Reed wrote the book on ornery. But as ornery as he is, he can be equally as sweet. He has an incredible vocabulary for a two year old and communicates in complete sentences. He speaks more like a four year old than a two year old. He was born with a collapsed lung and was a NICU baby. He’s also had a tough past year with the presence of thyroglossal duct cyst and two surgeries and numerous procedures on it. He’s been a true warrior and has handled this so well. I’m so thankful for my little boy! And while I’m keeping it real, the other day he was mad at me for buckling him in his carseat, and as he tried (unsuccessfully) to hit at me, so when I got in the driver’s seat, he was in the back yelling “I wanna hit you! I wanna hit you!” nice, huh?

By day I’m an accountant at a local utility company. I went to college at the University of Arkansas and got my MBA three years after I graduated. I enjoy my job and I enjoy the people I work with, though I’d much rather spend my days at home with my babies. Since that’s not a reality for us, I am very grateful to have a job that allows me maximum time with them as well as the opportunity to still be present at their activities and not miss out on things. These two are my pride and joy!IMG_4770

When I’m not working I’m making sure our household runs smoothly. Zach and I are a great team and share a huge amount of the responsibilities – it wouldn’t work otherwise. He is in the middle of getting his Master’s degree so he is a little busier than normal, but we are managing.I’m the 2nd oldest of five children and I’m very close with all my family. I have 1 nephew and three adorable nieces who were all born last fall within a month of each other. We are blessed to have wonderful families that give us much love and support.

I’ve been blogging for about 5 and a half years. I started it when I was pregnant with Ava and I have loved having it a memory book for our family. It’s been a tool that has brought me so many friends, a SIL (who just happens to be the one and only Blonde Ambition lady Leslie) , and so many other things. I’ve definitely gone through dry spells or have lacked motivation to write, but always come back.

When I actually have a little free time, I LOVE to read. I love getting lost in a book. I’m about to start reading Labor Day! If you have any great book suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

I also love to cook. We love trying new recipes and it’s fun being in the kitchen cooking for my family. i just wish I had more time during the week to make more complex meals.

I also love traveling! I’ve been fortunate enough to visit so many amazing places! When I graduated college, I traveled with two of my friends to Europe for two weeks. It was absolutely incredible!eiffel tower

One of my very favorite vacation spots is the beach!!! We went last year and had the best time. We’re hopeful to return this year also!!!IMG_0563 

So there ya go! That’s just a little glimpse into my world! I would love to know who’s stopping by and reading so please leave a comment and let me know! Also, I’d love to answer any questions any new friends or long time readers have, so leave those in the comments as well!

Thanks for stopping by and getting a glimpse of our lives as we live Happily Edwards After!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ava and Reed are adorable! Those big blue eyes are just precious. And you're from Arkansas! I live in Little Rock and I love when I connect with fellow Arkansas bloggers! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Toni reading from Michigan. We are buried with snow and more on the way..ugh! I long to move South and love reading about your happenings around the South. Your family is so sweet and I love that you are a working mom outside the home like me...I can relate to your life on so many levels even though my kids are 15 and 10 (it's STILL so hard but we do it!) and I have a brother and sister both working for the gas company up here. I found you through Kelly's Korner (I think) and I enjoy reading some of the other blogs you have rolling on the side of your blog-so much fun! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so cute. I love a spunky, sassy little girl. I posted almost an exact picture of the eiffel tour last week!
    http://www.educationnews.org/career-index/forensic-psychology-schools-in-california/

    ReplyDelete
  4. not a question, but I want more Reed quotes! SO funny!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved