Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend recap

***Disclaimer: This post contains some semi-graphic photos. I want to have Reed’s journey documented, so while there is no blood, if you are easily grossed out or have a week stomach, you may want to skip this post.

We had such a good weekend. It was low key, quiet, and just all around nice. Friday evening Zach had some make up lessons, so I picked up the kids and we headed to Sam’s to pick up a few things. They LOVE going there (not gonna lie, I do, too). They had a fun time since I let Reed sit in the back of the cart.IMG_4850

We had a quiet evening at home after that. When Reed went to bed, Ava and I went and laid down in my bed. She loves when we do this on Friday nights, and I love seeing her so happy.IMG_4874

I mentioned in my previous post that when we were at ACH on Thursday, the doctors packed Reed’s chin with some antibiotic gauze. I was really dreading having to pull it out, but he woke up Saturday morning and it had come out or he had pulled it out over night. So, problem solved. :)IMG_4875 

He now has a hole about half an inch wide on the underside of his chin. We’re cleaning it daily and it’s doing pretty well. We’re hopeful to hear today about what the infection is and if the antibiotics he is taking is what will treat it. I’ve hesitated about posting photos of his chin because I don’t want to gross people out. But, this is also a memory book for us. Also, when he was first diagnosed with a thyroglossal duct cyst, I had a hard time finding many true life stories. There are a lot of medical facts, but not experiences. If our experience can ever help anyone, then I want people to be able to come here and see Reed’s journey, and know they can ask me questions.

This is what his jaw looked like last Tuesday/Wednesday. Keep in mind that on Monday it looked very normal.IMG_4738IMG_4739 

After his procedure on Thursday, the redness went away very quickly, as did the swelling. After the packing came out, this is what it looks like. You can see the drastic improvement in the majority of the area, minus the gaping hole that was left :)IMG_4880

Saturday we spent a good portion of our day cleaning. We cleaned out Ava’s room and got rid of some clothes and toys. It feels soooooo much better in there. I did the same thing to Reed’s room the weekend before. After that, I did some other chores around the house while the kids napped and Zach did homework. I got to be lazy Saturday evening.

Sunday morning we got up and headed to early Mass. IMG_4902 IMG_4904

After church we came home, finished up our chores and relaxed the rest of the day!!! These are the kind of weekends I love – family time, accomplishing projects, and still getting to relax and take it easy! Here’s to hoping this week holds no surprises for us in terms of Reed’s health!!!

1 comment:

  1. I teared up a little at those pictures! Poor baby and poor Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved