Monday, May 5, 2014

Days gone by

This past week was kind of quiet at home, but that was okay, because work was INSANE. This upcoming week is going to be all kinds of crazy as well, and I’m thankful that insanity isn’t something I deal with all the time.

So what did we do last week? Reed helped clean my floors with a wipe. he likes to play with wipes and can use one for like 30 minutes. It’s well worth the one wipe to keep him occupied that long!IMG_7388

Ava received an Amazon gift card for Christmas to use later and get something new between Christmas and birthdays. After asking for every single day for the past four months, I finally let her use it. She was SO excited and knew what day it was coming and talked about nothing else until it arrived. IMG_7393

She picked a rubber band loom and a new Lego Friends set. She loves them both. IMG_7396

Zach’s mom and dad got the kids an Easter basket and included ring pops in them. Ava asked if they could eat one the other night while they were in the shower and that sounded like a good place to eat it to me. When Reed was done, he had a BLUE tongue! IMG_7415

And speaking of Reed. Last week he learned how to climb out of his crib. One evening he was mad about being put in bed and all of a sudden the screaming stopped and he appeared in the living room. After that first time, it was no big thing to do it anymore. On Wednesday night, no lie, he climbed out FIVE times over night. We were done. Instead of going to a toddler bed, we put his mattress on the floor and he’s still enclosed. The first morning after we did that, I went to get him and he said “I can’t climb out anymore.” Yes, son. That was the point! IMG_7419

On Saturday, Ava wanted to make some bracelets. We did the first one fairly easy and she wanted a harder one. We had gotten almost to the very end and a couple of the bands popped off and it got ruined. Ughhhhh. Anyway, she pulled it off and couldn’t stop laughing at them. :) IMG_7455

I decided Sunday was a good day to attempt to make homemade cinnamon rolls. My mom taught me how to make them almost two years ago and I just never tried it. I originally posted the recipe here.

They turned out pretty well for my first try! I made a huge mess just making the dough though! I kept saying “I’m making a huge mess!” and Ava would say “well, it’s your fault!”  IMG_7462IMG_7473

Final product! I have a few things I’ll do differently next time, but they turned out pretty well for a first try!IMG_7477

And the other highlight of the weekend? I had to make an unexpected Wal-mart run for a couple ingredients and decided to walk through the toys on a whim. You see, I’ve been hunting for an Elsa dress F-O-R-E-V-E-R like lots of other girl mommas. The Easter Bunny brought and Anna one and Elsa was just nowhere to be found. So imagine my surprise when behind about four Anna dresses, there was one lone Elsa dress in the size we needed!!!!!!!! I told Ava if she wanted it, she had to use some of her own money to pay for half of it, and she agreed! Talk about happy! IMG_7466

And while I was taking her pic, Reed decided he wanted one too. :) IMG_7467 

I hope you all have a good week! I know mine is going to be WILD!

2 comments:

  1. Those cinnamon rolls just made my tummy growl, they look so delicious!!! I have always wanted to try, but am so intimidated by the amount of time they take and they mess they make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to make some cinnamon rolls. Yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved