Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Grant’s first day of daycare

August 12, 2015 was the day I had to start back to work after my maternity leave. I looooooved my time at home with Grant and I was really sad to have to leave him. We had such great days together. But, life goes on and time passes and it was time for me to get back to the grind.

I had high hopes for our last day together to be laid back and just a good day, and boy was I in for a surprise. Grant was uspet and fussy all day long. I couldn’t get him to sleep easily and every single time I did, one of the bigger kids would wake him up. Zach had to work that day from about 7:30 – 8:30 and it was a doozy of a day!IMG_3439 IMG_3457

Thankfully after a good night of sleep, Grant woke up a much happier baby. We got up and got ready and took some first day photos! He looks so unimpressed!IMG_3461 IMG_3463 IMG_3476

We were somehow early this first day and had to sit and wait a few minutes! Zach hadn’t seen his classroom and would be the one picking him up that day, so he headed there with me to drop Grant off. The kids were waiting in the truck to next to me.IMG_3478

Grant had a great first three days of daycare! He is adapting well, but he is SO tired! He is used to taking 2-3 hours naps 2 or 3 times a day and there he is just taking little cat naps. His little naps combined were less than one of this long naps at home, so that is going to be a big adjustment. He was pooped when he got home that first day. I could barely feed him that night because he kept going to sleep. IMG_3486IMG_3517

I swaddled him up after I finished feeding him and laid him on the could for a second and he was gone! Sweet baby.IMG_3518

My first days back to work went well. It was a little scary going back just because I was gone so long and because I didn’t know what I was going back to. However, it was a good three days and I’m thankful that since I have to work, that I work somewhere where the people genuinely missed me and were so happy to have me back!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable kiddos! I'm glad you had a good first days back at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just SO precious!! I am beginning to have baby fever!! ;) I am glad the return to work and Grant's beginning of daycare went well. Hope this week is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last photo! He is so sweet. Glad all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everyone is adapting well and getting back into the groove!

    ReplyDelete

The Edwards Family

The Edwards Family
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

 


Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Influenster

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved